Today I want to introduce a 30 Minute workout that can be done anywhere and everywhere. The best thing is that you don’t need any equipment! All you will need is your own body weight for resistance, and 30 seconds … Continue reading
As you know, not only do we strive to assist you with your Wedding & Event Planning, but we also have a passion for Fitness and a Healthy lifestyle. I recently “virtually” met Trina Kincey, a Certified Health Coach, and … Continue reading
It’s so common that as women we become overwhelmed with all of our daily tasks that we tend to forgot some of the important things that need to be done. For instance, for all our Brides-to-be, if you are the midst of planning your wedding, odds are that as you’re stressing over centerpieces, looking for a photographer, dealing with your bridesmaids and everything in between. The last thing on your mind is considering what you’ll look like to your nearest and dearest as they stare at your backside on your way down the aisle. Can you feel me on this one?
According to a Brides.com 2006 American Wedding Study, out of 2.3 million American Weddings, only 80% of the brides and over half of the wedding party & family members will take steps to change their eating or exercise habits for the big day. And hopefully if you are reading this you will be one of them! If not, let’s work on getting that percentage up…not only for your wedding day, but for your future and that of your children and future generations.
I’m not saying that if you are not a fitness model for your wedding day, that you won’t be a beautiful bride. I think ALL women are beautiful no matter their weight, or shape! Everyone is entitled to make the decision about whether or not to work out and/or eat right on their own. No one wants to witness a Carb-free wife-to-be lose her mind over place settings at the rehearsal dinner, because from experience I know that this can be an ugly sight!! One of the main reasons I believe eating right and working out are important is because this is an ultimate CONFIDENCE BOOSTER…oh and it would feel so cool to have people stare at a HOT back side walking down that aisle! ;o)
Your engagement time should be an amazing time in your relationship transition. Both your mind and your body are going to be running on overdrive from the moment you said Yes to the ring until you’ve said good-bye to your last guest after your reception. So get your heart rate up, work those muscles to the max, and eat healthy to kick your brain into the “I’m a HOT Bride!” mode. Just remember that making time for regular workouts can keep you focused and feeling great about yourself. So what’s better way to start your new life?
I am sure you have a ton of other things that you are worried about in the process of wedding planning, so you are probably wondering why/how or when you will be able to focus on staying fit!
Ask yourself – IF NOT NOW, THEN WHEN??? Start today by visiting our recent Work it out Wednesday Bootcamp postings:
Thank you for reading..Happy Training!
Picture this ….
Now Picture this 😉
This is a tough ones ladies, but we have two options…work on getting rid of any back fat that is going to bulge out of your dress….or purchase a bigger dress size. I want to help you start reducing any back fat you may have so that you can look and feel your absolute best in your wedding gown!
If you are working out at home, you will need some dumbbells and a Swiss Ball. Please also keep in mind that your nutrition plays a big role in excess fat. *****Please contact a nutritionist for some health tips and your physician before you start an exercise program especially if you have any health concerns.*****
Here are some of my favorite exercises that helped me achieve the back that I wanted:
Rear Lateral Raise:
- Grab your pair of dumbbells and bend forward at your hips until your torso is nearly parallel to the floor so your body is in a L shape.
- Let the dumbbells hang straight down from your shoulders, your palms facing each other.
- Without moving your torso, raise your arms straight out to the sides until they’re in line with your body.
- Pause, then slowly return to the starting position.
- That’s one rep. Do 12.
- This also helps with your Arm fat you can sneak in some arm circles while you are at it.
Swiss Ball Y Raise:
- Lie face down on top of a Swiss ball with your back is flat and your chest off of the ball.
- Let your arms hang straight down from your shoulders, turning your arms so that your palms are facing each other.
- Raise your arms at a 30-degree angle from your body (so that they form a Y) until they’re in line with your body.
- Pause then slowly lower back to the starting position. That’s one rep. Do 10.
Do 12 Reps of each of the following without resting between sets,
so it’s back to back movement until you do all three steps!
Floor Y Raise
- Lie facedown on the floor with your arms resting on the floor, completely straight and at a 30-degree angle to your body, so they form a Y.
- Your palms should be facing each other, so that the thumb side of your hand points up. Raise your arms as high as you comfortably can.
Floor T Raise
- Perform this like the Y raise, only move your arms so that they’re out to your sides—perpendicular to your body with the thumbside of your hand pointing up—and raise them as high as you comfortably can.
Floor I Raises
- This time, move your arms so that your body forms a straight line from your feet to your fingertips.
- Your palms should be facing each other, with the thumbside of your hand pointing up.
- Raise your arms as high as you comfortably can.
Favors & More is happy to announce that we offer two complimentary Bridal Bootcamp sessions for our brides and we go over all these techniques in our sessions. I really hope you ladies are excited about working out and getting rid of any excess weight you may want to get rid of before your big day! These 5 techniques will make a difference in your life in just a few months! Start today!
Exercise Images & Info from: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/back-exercise
What woman doesn’t want sexy legs? Since I love to workout my legs … today was Leg Day for Me!
I try to focus on them at least 3 to 4 times a week at the gym. I know we all want stronger, longer, leaner thighs and there are such easy steps to get them, even in the comfort of your own home! Here are my Top 5 Leg & Thigh Exercises. I did some research to get you all the proper techniques on how to do them, so here they are:
The Flamingo Balance:
- Holding a dumbbell in your right hand, stand with your left hand on your hip.
- Lean forward slightly, lifting your left foot behind you to about hip height. At the same, bring your right arm forward.
- Turn your palm to face the ceiling and do a biceps curl.
- Touch your toes back down briefly, then repeat for 12 reps. Be sure to keep your left leg straight while bending your right knee.
- Switch sides: Stand with your left foot forward. Hold the dumbbell in your left hand, and hinge forward, raising your right leg up behind you to hip height.
- Simultaneously, raise your left arm forward, turn your palm to the ceiling, and do a biceps curl.
- Touch your toes back down briefly, and repeat for 12 reps.
The Single-Leg Circle:
- Lie back on the mat with your arms by your sides and your palms facing down.
- Begin by pointing with your left foot, as if reaching out with your toes toward the ceiling, and rotate your leg slightly outward.
- Inhale, and trace a circle on the ceiling with your left leg, moving your whole leg, but keeping your hips still. Don’t lift your left hip off the floor.
- Trace the circle on the ceiling 5 times in a clockwise direction. Repeat in a counter-clockwise direction.
- Switch legs and repeat 5 times.
Lunges with Dumbbells:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, holding a 5- or 8-pound dumbbell in each hand.
- Lunge forward with your left leg, then straighten your leg. When you lunge, your right knee should come to about an inch above the ground without touching it.
- Keep your torso perpendicular to the floor, with your weight evenly distributed between your legs. Align your front knee over your front ankle, keeping the weight in your heels instead of on your toes.
- Continue these lunges for 30 seconds before switching sides and doing another 30 seconds on the other leg.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing out.
- Bring your arms out straight in front of you and lower into a squat.
- Come back up and repeat. Go as low into the squat as you can without letting your knees move past your toes.
- Be sure to tuck your tailbone under and contract your glutes. Keep your torso tall, and don’t let your knees creep past your toes.
- Do for 1 minute. (After about 40 seconds, pulse at the bottom of the squat for 20 seconds.)
Outer & Inner Thigh Kick:
- Stand holding the back of a chair. Press your shoulder blades back and down.
- Come up onto the ball of your left foot, and lift your right leg.
- Keeping your abs pulled in, bring your right leg across your body, in front of your left.
- Now, swing it back out to the right, keeping your toes flexed and your toes turned out. Use momentum to swing through your leg as you fire through your left glutes.
- Do 10 reps. Be sure to keep both hips facing forward.
- Come onto the right leg and repeat for 10 more reps, again making sure your hips are facing forward.
- Flex your foot as you use momentum to swing your left leg and fire through your right glutes.
- Take a breather, then do a second set.
*****Please be sure to consult with your physician before you start an exercise program especially if you have any health concerns.*****
All of these workout instructions were found on Fitness Magazine com Website. They have such amazing tips and techniques to keep your workout routine fun & effective!
For more workout tips visit our Source – http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/thighs/exercises/top-thigh-exercises/?page=1
I’m sure you’re asking “WHAT’S THE HYPE ABOUT SQUATTING??”
Well a squat is one of the best lower-body excercises for targeting your glutes, quads, hamstrings and calves!! Now who doesn’t want a nice firm tush the day of their wedding??? Especially if you are going on a honeymoon to a nice warm place where bikinis are welcome! I’m sure you want to flaunt your ASSETS!! 😉
So what are the benefits of squats? These are my favorite benefits of Squatting:
1.Squats build muscle all over – Not only do they build muscle and strength in the quadriceps, hamstrings and calves, they also create the ideal environment throughout your entire body.
2. Squats burn more fat – Muscle burns fat. More muscle burns more fat. Being efficient at packing on muscle mass, the squat is a highly effective way to burn more fat. The more muscle you have on your frame, the more calories you will burn during training and at rest.
3. Squats help maintain mobility – By simply increasing overall lower body strength, squats help maintain mobility immensely. Furthermore, by performing squats in a full range of motion you can strengthen the leg muscles at all points enabling you to help prevent weaknesses and increase strength during other performance-related, mobile activities.
4. Squats strengthen your core – Squats actually help contract the core, namely the abdominal area, effectively and efficiently. Furthermore, studies have concluded these contractions are more intense than the traditional crunch. So, if you want stronger, tighter abs, be sure to squat.
5. Squats are cheap – Squats don’t require an expensive machine or apparatus to be performed. A rack can be used or even pair of dumbbells are all you need to get to work. Overhead squats, kettle bell squats, dumbbell squats all require minimal equipment.
6. Squats will increase flexibility – Again; full range motion will require flexibility and the need to stretch. The more you increase your range of motion throughout your hips, glutes, knees and ankles the better your squat will be. Working on your form and function will motivate you further to acquire all the tools to perform better
After reading all these amazing benefits I hope you are already squatting!!
IF NOT…GET TO IT!!
Try these 3 squats and start targeting Your Lower Body today!
Beginner: Ball Squat
- Standing with feet shoulder-width apart, place a stability ball between your lower back and a wall, hands on hips.
- Bend your knees 90 degrees, making sure they don’t go past your toes.
- Return to start and complete 12 times.
Intermediate: Side-to-Side Squat
- Stand with right side facing a step, hands on hips, right foot on top, left foot on floor.
- Bend knees 90 degrees. Stand up and push off with right foot as you hop onto other side of step.
- Repeat on left side, alternating 10 times.
Advanced: Crab Squat – THESE ARE MY FAVORITE!
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and turned out 45 degrees.
- Bend knees 90 degrees into a squat, keeping torso upright and knees over ankles.
- From that position, step left foot to the right, walking sideways.
- Take about 10 steps to the right and repeat on the left.
Source: Fitness magazine 2006
Thanks for reading! ~Yosie~