WELCOME TO LIAM’S 1ST BIRTHDAY! DECOR This party was a ton of fun to create! We did a lot of hands on work for this event and we stuck to the traditional color palate of red, yellow & black. As the guests … Continue reading
This Welcome Prince baby shower was created for a special Baby Boy! We used Royal Blue & Gold to represet royalty as well as for a luxurious and modern vibe. Sweet treats on the dessert table included a golden crown cake, shimmering … Continue reading
Get ready for a ton of color and fun! This Carnival Themed 1st Birthday party was such an awesome event. We designed this amazing carnival themed birthday party for an adorable little boy named John Thomas. I’m pretty sure all the children … Continue reading
Once Upon a Time, there was a mom-to-be who dreamed of her Baby Shower enchanting her guests with all the sweetness that only a Princess could bring… Today Favors & More gives you a taste of Xiomara’s Baby Shower! Princesses … Continue reading
Growing up, every girl dreams of having a BIG Sweet 16 Party. Besides their wedding, many girls become excited as they plan what their party theme would be. The themes have become more & more unique so instead of the usual “Pink & … Continue reading
Having a baby is such a blessing! You get to eat all the food you want and no one can say anything to you lol, but we all know what comes with that belly … A BABY SHOWER!!
Many couples like to find out what the gender of their baby will be, and there are also a lot of people who choose to wait for the big day. How can you prepare a baby shower when you don’t know what the gender of the baby is?
We were recently hired to set up a dessert table for a Surprise Baby Shower, where the Mother-to-be did not know what the gender of the baby was. We added both pink and blue to represent both boy and girl.
Custom sign read “What will baby Allen Be?”
There were alot of DIY projects done by the aunt-to-be and she did an awesome job. She made the diaper cake centerpieces, which came out super cute. She also made the marshmallow pop rattles, the party favors, the jars with the straws, the banners and the cupcakes! Check them out:
* * * * * * * * * * *
When the parents-to-be want to play a guessing game with their guests they sometimes add either blue or pink to the inside of the cake so that when they cut the cake open, the gender will be revealed.
Thank you for reading!
What woman doesn’t want sexy legs? Since I love to workout my legs … today was Leg Day for Me!
I try to focus on them at least 3 to 4 times a week at the gym. I know we all want stronger, longer, leaner thighs and there are such easy steps to get them, even in the comfort of your own home! Here are my Top 5 Leg & Thigh Exercises. I did some research to get you all the proper techniques on how to do them, so here they are:
The Flamingo Balance:
- Holding a dumbbell in your right hand, stand with your left hand on your hip.
- Lean forward slightly, lifting your left foot behind you to about hip height. At the same, bring your right arm forward.
- Turn your palm to face the ceiling and do a biceps curl.
- Touch your toes back down briefly, then repeat for 12 reps. Be sure to keep your left leg straight while bending your right knee.
- Switch sides: Stand with your left foot forward. Hold the dumbbell in your left hand, and hinge forward, raising your right leg up behind you to hip height.
- Simultaneously, raise your left arm forward, turn your palm to the ceiling, and do a biceps curl.
- Touch your toes back down briefly, and repeat for 12 reps.
The Single-Leg Circle:
- Lie back on the mat with your arms by your sides and your palms facing down.
- Begin by pointing with your left foot, as if reaching out with your toes toward the ceiling, and rotate your leg slightly outward.
- Inhale, and trace a circle on the ceiling with your left leg, moving your whole leg, but keeping your hips still. Don’t lift your left hip off the floor.
- Trace the circle on the ceiling 5 times in a clockwise direction. Repeat in a counter-clockwise direction.
- Switch legs and repeat 5 times.
Lunges with Dumbbells:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, holding a 5- or 8-pound dumbbell in each hand.
- Lunge forward with your left leg, then straighten your leg. When you lunge, your right knee should come to about an inch above the ground without touching it.
- Keep your torso perpendicular to the floor, with your weight evenly distributed between your legs. Align your front knee over your front ankle, keeping the weight in your heels instead of on your toes.
- Continue these lunges for 30 seconds before switching sides and doing another 30 seconds on the other leg.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing out.
- Bring your arms out straight in front of you and lower into a squat.
- Come back up and repeat. Go as low into the squat as you can without letting your knees move past your toes.
- Be sure to tuck your tailbone under and contract your glutes. Keep your torso tall, and don’t let your knees creep past your toes.
- Do for 1 minute. (After about 40 seconds, pulse at the bottom of the squat for 20 seconds.)
Outer & Inner Thigh Kick:
- Stand holding the back of a chair. Press your shoulder blades back and down.
- Come up onto the ball of your left foot, and lift your right leg.
- Keeping your abs pulled in, bring your right leg across your body, in front of your left.
- Now, swing it back out to the right, keeping your toes flexed and your toes turned out. Use momentum to swing through your leg as you fire through your left glutes.
- Do 10 reps. Be sure to keep both hips facing forward.
- Come onto the right leg and repeat for 10 more reps, again making sure your hips are facing forward.
- Flex your foot as you use momentum to swing your left leg and fire through your right glutes.
- Take a breather, then do a second set.
*****Please be sure to consult with your physician before you start an exercise program especially if you have any health concerns.*****
All of these workout instructions were found on Fitness Magazine com Website. They have such amazing tips and techniques to keep your workout routine fun & effective!
For more workout tips visit our Source – http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/thighs/exercises/top-thigh-exercises/?page=1
Let’s be honest, besides my beautiful grandmother and probably yours, not many people want to take home party favors after an event anymore. “So what should we give our guests as a ‘Thank You’?” you may ask. Here’s a suggestion…How … Continue reading
We recently set up at Baby Shower for a Sweet baby girl. It’s very rare to find a Rubber Ducky theme in pink, but I think we nailed it! There were dozens of rubber duckies everywhere and it was so … Continue reading
I’m sure you’re asking “WHAT’S THE HYPE ABOUT SQUATTING??”
Well a squat is one of the best lower-body excercises for targeting your glutes, quads, hamstrings and calves!! Now who doesn’t want a nice firm tush the day of their wedding??? Especially if you are going on a honeymoon to a nice warm place where bikinis are welcome! I’m sure you want to flaunt your ASSETS!! 😉
So what are the benefits of squats? These are my favorite benefits of Squatting:
1.Squats build muscle all over – Not only do they build muscle and strength in the quadriceps, hamstrings and calves, they also create the ideal environment throughout your entire body.
2. Squats burn more fat – Muscle burns fat. More muscle burns more fat. Being efficient at packing on muscle mass, the squat is a highly effective way to burn more fat. The more muscle you have on your frame, the more calories you will burn during training and at rest.
3. Squats help maintain mobility – By simply increasing overall lower body strength, squats help maintain mobility immensely. Furthermore, by performing squats in a full range of motion you can strengthen the leg muscles at all points enabling you to help prevent weaknesses and increase strength during other performance-related, mobile activities.
4. Squats strengthen your core – Squats actually help contract the core, namely the abdominal area, effectively and efficiently. Furthermore, studies have concluded these contractions are more intense than the traditional crunch. So, if you want stronger, tighter abs, be sure to squat.
5. Squats are cheap – Squats don’t require an expensive machine or apparatus to be performed. A rack can be used or even pair of dumbbells are all you need to get to work. Overhead squats, kettle bell squats, dumbbell squats all require minimal equipment.
6. Squats will increase flexibility – Again; full range motion will require flexibility and the need to stretch. The more you increase your range of motion throughout your hips, glutes, knees and ankles the better your squat will be. Working on your form and function will motivate you further to acquire all the tools to perform better
After reading all these amazing benefits I hope you are already squatting!!
IF NOT…GET TO IT!!
Try these 3 squats and start targeting Your Lower Body today!
Beginner: Ball Squat
- Standing with feet shoulder-width apart, place a stability ball between your lower back and a wall, hands on hips.
- Bend your knees 90 degrees, making sure they don’t go past your toes.
- Return to start and complete 12 times.
Intermediate: Side-to-Side Squat
- Stand with right side facing a step, hands on hips, right foot on top, left foot on floor.
- Bend knees 90 degrees. Stand up and push off with right foot as you hop onto other side of step.
- Repeat on left side, alternating 10 times.
Advanced: Crab Squat – THESE ARE MY FAVORITE!
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and turned out 45 degrees.
- Bend knees 90 degrees into a squat, keeping torso upright and knees over ankles.
- From that position, step left foot to the right, walking sideways.
- Take about 10 steps to the right and repeat on the left.
Source: Fitness magazine 2006
Thanks for reading! ~Yosie~