WELCOME TO LIAM’S 1ST BIRTHDAY! DECOR This party was a ton of fun to create! We did a lot of hands on work for this event and we stuck to the traditional color palate of red, yellow & black. As the guests … Continue reading
This Welcome Prince baby shower was created for a special Baby Boy! We used Royal Blue & Gold to represet royalty as well as for a luxurious and modern vibe. Sweet treats on the dessert table included a golden crown cake, shimmering … Continue reading
Get ready for a ton of color and fun! This Carnival Themed 1st Birthday party was such an awesome event. We designed this amazing carnival themed birthday party for an adorable little boy named John Thomas. I’m pretty sure all the children … Continue reading
Growing up, every girl dreams of having a BIG Sweet 16 Party. Besides their wedding, many girls become excited as they plan what their party theme would be. The themes have become more & more unique so instead of the usual “Pink & … Continue reading
Having a baby is such a blessing! You get to eat all the food you want and no one can say anything to you lol, but we all know what comes with that belly … A BABY SHOWER!!
Many couples like to find out what the gender of their baby will be, and there are also a lot of people who choose to wait for the big day. How can you prepare a baby shower when you don’t know what the gender of the baby is?
We were recently hired to set up a dessert table for a Surprise Baby Shower, where the Mother-to-be did not know what the gender of the baby was. We added both pink and blue to represent both boy and girl.
Custom sign read “What will baby Allen Be?”
There were alot of DIY projects done by the aunt-to-be and she did an awesome job. She made the diaper cake centerpieces, which came out super cute. She also made the marshmallow pop rattles, the party favors, the jars with the straws, the banners and the cupcakes! Check them out:
* * * * * * * * * * *
When the parents-to-be want to play a guessing game with their guests they sometimes add either blue or pink to the inside of the cake so that when they cut the cake open, the gender will be revealed.
Thank you for reading!
Let’s be honest, besides my beautiful grandmother and probably yours, not many people want to take home party favors after an event anymore. “So what should we give our guests as a ‘Thank You’?” you may ask. Here’s a suggestion…How … Continue reading
You’re Invited to The Mickey Mouse Club House Extravaganza!
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is a traditional theme, that is a favorite among so many children and parents! We designed this delightful Mickey Mouse party for Mason’s 1st birthday! With a colorful twist, this party was unique, playful and lots of fun! These ideas can be altered to fit any Mickey (or Minnie) Mouse party by adjusting the colors and patterns to make it your own design. Enjoy!
Turn Your Living Room into The Mickey Mouse Club House!! It’s amazing how you can transform a room ( Before and After)!
Cake Pops & Pretzels provided by Penthouse Sweets
Personalized Candy Display
“Gawrsh, we sure had fun at the clubhouse today. And now we get to have more fun! Yippee!” Goofy
- Party Styling and Decorations – Set-up, balloon arrangements and all paper products by Favors & More, LLC. For more images of this party click HERE.
- Mickey Cake Pops, Chocolate covered Pretzel sticks and Chocolate Lollipops by Betsania Cruz Salcedo of PentHouse Sweets.
- Mickey Cookies by Olga Mariel German-Badia of Cupkery.
- Cupcakes and cake by El Panadero Bakery in Washington Heights.
- A special thanks to Funny Freddy the Magic Clown & Sons for bringing so many smiles!
When you think of special events such as Weddings and Birthday parties, one thing that comes to mind is the dessert…particularly the cake that is typically cut and distributed at the end of the night. When the cake comes out, it tells the guests that the event is almost over and it is sometimes considered taboo to leave any special event before the cake is cut! In the Dominican culture you haveeeee to have cake anddddd you have to take a piece home for the people who didn’t make it to the party! I love my culture!
A traditional cake can get costly, especially because of the price of fondant and some gourmet fillings can really put a dent in your budget. Cake slices can cost upwards of $10 per slice and that’s before the frills, delivery charge, tax etc.! To help with the cost and/or to break the mold of the traditional cake cutting ceremony, some couples are opting for one or more of the options listed below for the guests to enjoy:
- Cupcakes – an elegant cupcake tower can definitely be a memorable way to share your sweet love and the cool thing is that you can have a variety of flavors to choose from so your guests may choose a flavor they love! This may also be a cost effective method.
- A Donut Tower – You can dress these up and really make a great impression on your guests. Truth be told… who doesn’t LOVE donuts?!? For more images of this wedding, click HERE.
- A Pie Table – This can definitely be budget friendly because if you have family members or friends that are awesome bakers, you can ask them to kindly bring a different home-baked pie. Otherwise you can hire an awesome bakery that specializes in pies and you have a hit!
- Unfrosted cake – A bit less expensive than a regular fondant or frosted tiered cake and can look really unique and beautiful! Cake below by: Momofuku Milk Bar. For more images of this wedding, click HERE.
- Cake Pops – Yummy bite-size cakes that come in a variety of flavors, can be customized to almost any design now-a-days and are quite filling too!
- Ice Cream – you can have a sundae-bar and have a variety of ice cream flavors and toppings with this option.
- Dessert Shots – various types of desserts in little cups can be displayed on towers, at a dessert station/bar.
- Candy Buffets – This visually appealing, self-serve option is a guarantee brownie-point winner. You can just offer up tons of yummy sweet treats, which can be considered a favor for your guests as well! Guests love Favors & More candy buffets!
Whatever you decide to go with, I’m sure your guests will be pleased because most people looooove sweets! Good luck with your decision and enjoy!!