Today we have something Special up our sleeves for you, a beautiful Bambi Themed First Birthday party for a Vibrant little girl. Early October family & Friends gathered to celebrate Ayaan’s Birthday. Little Ayaan lives in an area where she … Continue reading
Although the event industry does not necessarily require you to be the next Einstein, it’s not exactly as intuitive as many people may believe; there is a strategy behind everything you do in this industry. Every client has their own … Continue reading
Hey Minnie!!! “I learned to laugh and crawl, then sit and stand. Now I can walk if you hold my hand. But the fun has just begun. Look out, I’m turning One” It’s always a priceless moment when your child … Continue reading
As you know, not only do we strive to assist you with your Wedding & Event Planning, but we also have a passion for Fitness and a Healthy lifestyle. I recently “virtually” met Trina Kincey, a Certified Health Coach, and … Continue reading
Whether you have found your gown or not, here are some helpful hints to help you get fit for your style dress. If you are interested in the Sheath Style Gown you will want to aim for a lustrous and … Continue reading
It’s so common that as women we become overwhelmed with all of our daily tasks that we tend to forgot some of the important things that need to be done. For instance, for all our Brides-to-be, if you are the midst of planning your wedding, odds are that as you’re stressing over centerpieces, looking for a photographer, dealing with your bridesmaids and everything in between. The last thing on your mind is considering what you’ll look like to your nearest and dearest as they stare at your backside on your way down the aisle. Can you feel me on this one?
According to a Brides.com 2006 American Wedding Study, out of 2.3 million American Weddings, only 80% of the brides and over half of the wedding party & family members will take steps to change their eating or exercise habits for the big day. And hopefully if you are reading this you will be one of them! If not, let’s work on getting that percentage up…not only for your wedding day, but for your future and that of your children and future generations.
I’m not saying that if you are not a fitness model for your wedding day, that you won’t be a beautiful bride. I think ALL women are beautiful no matter their weight, or shape! Everyone is entitled to make the decision about whether or not to work out and/or eat right on their own. No one wants to witness a Carb-free wife-to-be lose her mind over place settings at the rehearsal dinner, because from experience I know that this can be an ugly sight!! One of the main reasons I believe eating right and working out are important is because this is an ultimate CONFIDENCE BOOSTER…oh and it would feel so cool to have people stare at a HOT back side walking down that aisle! ;o)
Your engagement time should be an amazing time in your relationship transition. Both your mind and your body are going to be running on overdrive from the moment you said Yes to the ring until you’ve said good-bye to your last guest after your reception. So get your heart rate up, work those muscles to the max, and eat healthy to kick your brain into the “I’m a HOT Bride!” mode. Just remember that making time for regular workouts can keep you focused and feeling great about yourself. So what’s better way to start your new life?
I am sure you have a ton of other things that you are worried about in the process of wedding planning, so you are probably wondering why/how or when you will be able to focus on staying fit!
Ask yourself – IF NOT NOW, THEN WHEN??? Start today by visiting our recent Work it out Wednesday Bootcamp postings:
Thank you for reading..Happy Training!
Picture this ….
Now Picture this 😉
This is a tough ones ladies, but we have two options…work on getting rid of any back fat that is going to bulge out of your dress….or purchase a bigger dress size. I want to help you start reducing any back fat you may have so that you can look and feel your absolute best in your wedding gown!
If you are working out at home, you will need some dumbbells and a Swiss Ball. Please also keep in mind that your nutrition plays a big role in excess fat. *****Please contact a nutritionist for some health tips and your physician before you start an exercise program especially if you have any health concerns.*****
Here are some of my favorite exercises that helped me achieve the back that I wanted:
Rear Lateral Raise:
- Grab your pair of dumbbells and bend forward at your hips until your torso is nearly parallel to the floor so your body is in a L shape.
- Let the dumbbells hang straight down from your shoulders, your palms facing each other.
- Without moving your torso, raise your arms straight out to the sides until they’re in line with your body.
- Pause, then slowly return to the starting position.
- That’s one rep. Do 12.
- This also helps with your Arm fat you can sneak in some arm circles while you are at it.
Swiss Ball Y Raise:
- Lie face down on top of a Swiss ball with your back is flat and your chest off of the ball.
- Let your arms hang straight down from your shoulders, turning your arms so that your palms are facing each other.
- Raise your arms at a 30-degree angle from your body (so that they form a Y) until they’re in line with your body.
- Pause then slowly lower back to the starting position. That’s one rep. Do 10.
Do 12 Reps of each of the following without resting between sets,
so it’s back to back movement until you do all three steps!
Floor Y Raise
- Lie facedown on the floor with your arms resting on the floor, completely straight and at a 30-degree angle to your body, so they form a Y.
- Your palms should be facing each other, so that the thumb side of your hand points up. Raise your arms as high as you comfortably can.
Floor T Raise
- Perform this like the Y raise, only move your arms so that they’re out to your sides—perpendicular to your body with the thumbside of your hand pointing up—and raise them as high as you comfortably can.
Floor I Raises
- This time, move your arms so that your body forms a straight line from your feet to your fingertips.
- Your palms should be facing each other, with the thumbside of your hand pointing up.
- Raise your arms as high as you comfortably can.
Favors & More is happy to announce that we offer two complimentary Bridal Bootcamp sessions for our brides and we go over all these techniques in our sessions. I really hope you ladies are excited about working out and getting rid of any excess weight you may want to get rid of before your big day! These 5 techniques will make a difference in your life in just a few months! Start today!
Exercise Images & Info from: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/back-exercise
It’s important that we as event planners, designers, florists, DJs, photographers, videographers, bakers and whatever other vendor participates in the Event industry, that we keep in mind the value of work life balance.
Your clients may want to contact you via email, phone or text at all hours of the day, but that doesn’t mean you should write back in the middle of the night or at 6am (unless those are your work hours). You may wake up in the middle of the night and think “what better time to send emails or finish up the paper products for the upcoming baby or bridal shower”, but without an appropriate amount of sleep, how productive can you be at your work or at client meetings? Set aside your work day hours and try to live a normal life outside of your work hours. Otherwise, all hours of the day will be dedicated to your craft and you will have no time to yourself.
If you have a family, or are in a relationship, be sure to set aside quality time with your loved ones so that they don’t always feel like you are forever working. And by quality time, I mean that when you are with your wife/husband/partner/children/ or other family and friends, put ASIDE your electronic devices. They want you to focus your energy on them and not divide it between them and your upcoming events.
Set aside time to do what you love, whether that is reading, dancing, watching TV, going out to dinner with friends, playing pool, going fishing, pampering yourself…whatever it may be, take time to do what you love, with the people you love.
Life shouldn’t always be about excel spreadsheets, filing taxes, planning/prepping for or decorating an event, editing photos or footage of an event, calling clients and working on contracts and this and that….you get the picture, the list could go on and on! The event industry can definitely keep you busy! But remember that your work shouldn’t consume your entire life. You only live once…so make sure you are living it!!
Now for the challenging part….how do I follow my own advice with my crazy schedule?!?! Help!!!
All the best,
One of the most important moments in a woman’s life is when her soul mate asks her to spend the rest of her life with him. Some gentlemen really take this moment seriously because they know how special and meaningful it is for the love of their life to have a memory of a lifetime (it’s all about having a great story to tell all her friends and family!). A lot of planning goes into a moment that will fly by in a blink of an eye, but that very moment will leave a lasting impression in their minds forever.
If you are not already engaged or married, how do you want it to happen?
- Do you want your family and friends there?
- Do you want it to be captured on video or photos?
- Would you want one of those flash mob types of proposals that the world will eventually see on YouTube or something quiet, simple, magical between just the two of you?
- Do you want it to be in a different city or country? While on a special vacation?
- On or near a day that is already special to both of you? Like a Holiday or a Birthday?
- Do you want him to get down on one knee? Sit next to you? Stand in front of you?
If you are already engaged or married, how did it happen?
- How did your fiancé or husband propose to you?
- Did he ask your parents or a special person in your life if he could have your hand in marriage with their blessings?
- Did you have a feeling he was going to do it when he did it?
- Was he nervous?
- Did you hint at the type of ring you wanted?
- Did he talk a lot or did he get right to the point?
- Did you cry? Hug? Kiss? And then say “Yes” or in reverse order?
- Was there music playing?
- Is it a distant memory?
I was perusing the internet and came across some unique proposal ideas for the gentlemen out there…I got these from random websites. Sorry I didn’t cite my sources!!
- Scavenger hunts are always an entertaining marriage proposal idea. Start off with a simple clue to someplace nearby, then get more complicated as the scavenger hunt progresses, and have the final location be a place where you can hide and then pop out and get down on one knee.
- Most movie theaters have repeating advertising slides before the previews that can be purchased. Write her name up in lights, and be sure to get to the theater early enough.
- If your intended flies often, get friends and family to join you at the airport, where they’ll each hold up signs spelling out “Will you marry me?” as your sweetheart disembarks from the plane. Make sure you’re the one holding the “Me” sign!
- Buy fortune cookies and remove the fortunes from them with a pair of tweezers. Replace the fortunes with notes asking her to marry you. You can set it up with a Chinese restaurant to bring them to you after a nice romantic dinner or have them delivered with your take out.
- Put an ad in the newspaper. This is incredibly easy to do and very inexpensive. You can place a classified ad, such as ‘Seeking single female named such-and-such to spend her life with me.’ Or, you could up the ante and place a larger graphical ad with a picture of the two of you and your proposal. Oh and make sure she reads the newspaper!
- Write ‘Will you marry me?’ in luminaries on a hilly road that you can drive up and see.
- Set a reminder to pop up in her Outlook and have it be a proposal (or a wedding date suggestion!). Make sure to have the reminder pop up while you’re around. If it’s at work, have the reminder come up around lunch and be there waiting to give the ring and celebrate with a romantic lunch.
A note to the gentlemen out there….
At the end of the day, the special moment should have her in mind. What would she appreciate? Who would she like to be around when it happens? Would she want to be wined and dined or for it to happen on a walk in a park or at a baseball game? Or at home in your kitchen or living room? Keep in mind her wants, desires, any hints she may have given you along your dating journey and I am sure you will give her a memorable moment in time that she will tell everyone about with a glimmer in her eye.
Stay tuned for an upcoming blog about the big rock!
Check out some pretty interesting proposal stories, pictures and videos here…
What woman doesn’t want sexy legs? Since I love to workout my legs … today was Leg Day for Me!
I try to focus on them at least 3 to 4 times a week at the gym. I know we all want stronger, longer, leaner thighs and there are such easy steps to get them, even in the comfort of your own home! Here are my Top 5 Leg & Thigh Exercises. I did some research to get you all the proper techniques on how to do them, so here they are:
The Flamingo Balance:
- Holding a dumbbell in your right hand, stand with your left hand on your hip.
- Lean forward slightly, lifting your left foot behind you to about hip height. At the same, bring your right arm forward.
- Turn your palm to face the ceiling and do a biceps curl.
- Touch your toes back down briefly, then repeat for 12 reps. Be sure to keep your left leg straight while bending your right knee.
- Switch sides: Stand with your left foot forward. Hold the dumbbell in your left hand, and hinge forward, raising your right leg up behind you to hip height.
- Simultaneously, raise your left arm forward, turn your palm to the ceiling, and do a biceps curl.
- Touch your toes back down briefly, and repeat for 12 reps.
The Single-Leg Circle:
- Lie back on the mat with your arms by your sides and your palms facing down.
- Begin by pointing with your left foot, as if reaching out with your toes toward the ceiling, and rotate your leg slightly outward.
- Inhale, and trace a circle on the ceiling with your left leg, moving your whole leg, but keeping your hips still. Don’t lift your left hip off the floor.
- Trace the circle on the ceiling 5 times in a clockwise direction. Repeat in a counter-clockwise direction.
- Switch legs and repeat 5 times.
Lunges with Dumbbells:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, holding a 5- or 8-pound dumbbell in each hand.
- Lunge forward with your left leg, then straighten your leg. When you lunge, your right knee should come to about an inch above the ground without touching it.
- Keep your torso perpendicular to the floor, with your weight evenly distributed between your legs. Align your front knee over your front ankle, keeping the weight in your heels instead of on your toes.
- Continue these lunges for 30 seconds before switching sides and doing another 30 seconds on the other leg.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing out.
- Bring your arms out straight in front of you and lower into a squat.
- Come back up and repeat. Go as low into the squat as you can without letting your knees move past your toes.
- Be sure to tuck your tailbone under and contract your glutes. Keep your torso tall, and don’t let your knees creep past your toes.
- Do for 1 minute. (After about 40 seconds, pulse at the bottom of the squat for 20 seconds.)
Outer & Inner Thigh Kick:
- Stand holding the back of a chair. Press your shoulder blades back and down.
- Come up onto the ball of your left foot, and lift your right leg.
- Keeping your abs pulled in, bring your right leg across your body, in front of your left.
- Now, swing it back out to the right, keeping your toes flexed and your toes turned out. Use momentum to swing through your leg as you fire through your left glutes.
- Do 10 reps. Be sure to keep both hips facing forward.
- Come onto the right leg and repeat for 10 more reps, again making sure your hips are facing forward.
- Flex your foot as you use momentum to swing your left leg and fire through your right glutes.
- Take a breather, then do a second set.
*****Please be sure to consult with your physician before you start an exercise program especially if you have any health concerns.*****
All of these workout instructions were found on Fitness Magazine com Website. They have such amazing tips and techniques to keep your workout routine fun & effective!
For more workout tips visit our Source – http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/thighs/exercises/top-thigh-exercises/?page=1