Today we have something Special up our sleeves for you, a beautiful Bambi Themed First Birthday party for a Vibrant little girl. Early October family & Friends gathered to celebrate Ayaan’s Birthday. Little Ayaan lives in an area where she … Continue reading
Oh my goodness do I have an something AMAZING for you all today. Let’s make our way over to Paris! Sweet pinks, black lace, French inspired treats and precious flowers will have you swooning for a visit to the Eiffel … Continue reading
Happy New Year to all of you! Thank you all for such amazing year, without your support we would not have made it this far. We have gathered some images of some of the events we catered to in 2013 … Continue reading
WELCOME TO LIAM’S 1ST BIRTHDAY! DECOR This party was a ton of fun to create! We did a lot of hands on work for this event and we stuck to the traditional color palate of red, yellow & black. As the guests … Continue reading
Get ready for a ton of color and fun! This Carnival Themed 1st Birthday party was such an awesome event. We designed this amazing carnival themed birthday party for an adorable little boy named John Thomas. I’m pretty sure all the children … Continue reading
Hey Minnie!!! “I learned to laugh and crawl, then sit and stand. Now I can walk if you hold my hand. But the fun has just begun. Look out, I’m turning One” It’s always a priceless moment when your child … Continue reading
We would like to take this time and Congratulate one of our favorite couples on their 2 Year Anniversary! Nothing makes us happier that to see our previous clients enjoy their lives together more and more each day. When I … Continue reading
We all know that finding the perfect wedding dress is probably the biggest task a woman may have to do in her life. So whether you have found your dress or are still looking, the style of your gown will represent who you are. Try to find a dress that matches your personality so that you are 100% confident throughout your big day. We did some research and found the top 5 styles, let’s see which one matches your personality!
Your Wedding: If you want to feel like royalty on your big day a ball gown will help you do just that & this dress style suits all body types. Your style will be soft and elegant with a romantic feel to it.
Your Personality: Hopeless romantic, you are the princess in the family! You are the type that has dreamed of this day all your life, and can’t wait to see the look on your husband’s face as you walk down the aisle.
Images From: www.whiteme.net
Mermaid Wedding Dress
Your Wedding: Your wedding will be elegant and glamorous, your guests will be in shock of every gorgeous detail, from over-the-top centerpieces to the eye-catching crystal chandeliers.
Your Personality: You’re sexy, a glamorous girl–you know what you like and you’re not afraid to show it! Brides who want to flaunt their dangerous curves can choose a stunning mermaid gown. A mermaid dress would look perfect on brides who want to add a touch of seduction to their look.
A-line Wedding Dress
Your Wedding: Your entire wedding will be traditional, you will have a veil, the white roses and, of course, something new, something borrows and something blue.
Your Personality: You are very traditional–You always look good, filled with style, but it’s never over done.
Images From: www.whiteme.net
Your wedding: Understated elegance. It takes careful planning to make things look effortless, but you pull it off perfectly.
Your personality: You are known as cool, laid back, and you have everything under control.
Image From: www.whiteme.net
Tea length/Short Wedding Dress
Your wedding: You will take your time to effortlessly plan your wedding day to make it look perfect. I will be simple, sophisticated and totally modern; your wedding will fit the urban setting to a tee.
Your personality: You are a mix between Audrey Hepburn and a city girl. You consider yourself an iconic woman who embraces individuality.
Lastly I found some other gowns that I thought were interesting and I labeled them
The Very Daring Dress
Your Wedding: Your wedding would be the night to remember, all decked out with diamonds, bling, lace, chandeliers bright and bold colors and top of the line music!
Your personality: You are a dare devil! You love all things out of the ordinary and love to be sexy and stand out.
Images from: www.whiteme.net
Let us know what you think and if we have matched your personality with your style
Thank you for reading!
You’re probably wondering how you can afford a high-end venue when you may be working with a not-so-high-end budget. We have come across an increasing number of newly engaged couples that have a hard time finding the venue that’s falls within their budget (and their vision). And since the venue will be the largest expense on the wedding planning list, many Brides-to-be are looking to reduce the cost of their reception venue, while making sure it’s everything they’ve always dreamed of.
We have gathered some ideas that might help ease the process of finding the right venue that will cater to you and your needs.
- When you call the venue to set up an appointment, do not mention that you are interested in hosting your wedding there. In the beginning, just say you are interested in setting up an appointment to visit the location for an upcoming event. The word “wedding” automatically marks up the price! Once you get a feel for the pricing for regular events, then you can start talking about the pricing for a wedding and see how you can leverage the initial conversation.
- Look for a venue that allows you to use your own vendors. Usually, when the venue has preferred vendors, they have set rates so they can make more money, leaving you at a standstill financially in other areas of your wedding planning. Oh and feel free to contact @Favors_and_More to discuss pricing for floral arrangements, favors and much more! ;o)
- Although there are specific wedding seasons throughout the year, try to host your wedding on an off-season. This is true in other areas of your life as well…such as Halloween Costumes being super expensive just before Halloween, but 50%+ off the day AFTER Halloween. If you have an off-wedding-season wedding, you may be able to save a little.
- Try to pick a date other than Saturday Night; Saturday is such a huge party night, so the rates are more expensive at almost every venue.
- Think outside the box! Look for a location where people wouldn’t normally think to host a wedding, such as a Golf Course, a Winery or even a Museum/Aquarium. Those places would be an interesting site for your guests and the cost may be less than a venue that typically hosts weddings. Some non-traditional places such as a museum may have historical significance and a great amount of design elements that can be worked into your wedding theme/decor. When you find a venue that suits your personal style, look around to see if you can use anything in the space that you’ll be able to tie into your floral arrangements, table decor, etc.
- See if hosting your event during the day is less expensive. Brunch style weddings are a lot more common lately and can save you some money in the long run.
- Consolidate! Consider choosing a single venue for both your ceremony and reception. That way, you can cut down on travel costs, and you won’t have to pay fees for two separate locations.
- Last but not Least don’t be afraid to ask for a discount if you are paying in full/cash when you book the location.
We hope these tips help you on your journey to finding the right venue for your wedding day!
Thank you for reading!
“A persons a person no matter how small!” Dr. Seuss
We are excited to share the Dr. Seuss themed baby shower we were hired to assist in decorating with one of our closest Event Planner colleagues Christopher Valerio. This was a small outdoor baby shower that he planned for his Godmother, so we wanted to make it extra special for her! From Cat in the Hat, to Lorax and everything in between. I got so many inspirations from my sons books and various websites. Here is a view at the different design elements that we created for this special day.
We found a cute little idea on Pinterest that I totally fell in love with so we made an open photobooth type of display. We custom painted a large wooden frame and placed it by the rocking chair with a red and blue boa. The guests were able to take pictures of themselves and with the Mother-to-be. This was a hit!! Here is a picture of Christopher and his Godmother.
These awesome invitations were ordered by one of the family members and they turned out so cute! Check out Memories Bake Shop and Design for more of their work!
Below you can see the complete table setting. Everyone loved it!!
We ordered these fabulous “Thing 1” sugar cookies, cake pops and cupcakes to go with the theme. The baker was Ana Tejeda from Funcakes and More, LLC located in the Bronx. Her work is beautiful and quite delicious!
We designed a small candy display as favors for the guests and made matching labels to go with the theme as well as a Banner that read “Baby Aidric”.
I painted a mini bookshelf and used some of my sons books as well as new books that we bought for the Mom-to-be which really brought the entire table display together!
Here are some images of the guests with the parents-to be!
We just love surprises!
“Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”
Thanks for reading!
©All rights reserved. Using these images without permission is in violation of international copyright laws.
Do not alter or manipulate images.