One of the most important moments in a woman’s life is when her soul mate asks her to spend the rest of her life with him. Some gentlemen really take this moment seriously because they know how special and meaningful it is for the love of their life to have a memory of a lifetime (it’s all about having a great story to tell all her friends and family!). A lot of planning goes into a moment that will fly by in a blink of an eye, but that very moment will leave a lasting impression in their minds forever.
If you are not already engaged or married, how do you want it to happen?
- Do you want your family and friends there?
- Do you want it to be captured on video or photos?
- Would you want one of those flash mob types of proposals that the world will eventually see on YouTube or something quiet, simple, magical between just the two of you?
- Do you want it to be in a different city or country? While on a special vacation?
- On or near a day that is already special to both of you? Like a Holiday or a Birthday?
- Do you want him to get down on one knee? Sit next to you? Stand in front of you?
If you are already engaged or married, how did it happen?
- How did your fiancé or husband propose to you?
- Did he ask your parents or a special person in your life if he could have your hand in marriage with their blessings?
- Did you have a feeling he was going to do it when he did it?
- Was he nervous?
- Did you hint at the type of ring you wanted?
- Did he talk a lot or did he get right to the point?
- Did you cry? Hug? Kiss? And then say “Yes” or in reverse order?
- Was there music playing?
- Is it a distant memory?
I was perusing the internet and came across some unique proposal ideas for the gentlemen out there…I got these from random websites. Sorry I didn’t cite my sources!!
- Scavenger hunts are always an entertaining marriage proposal idea. Start off with a simple clue to someplace nearby, then get more complicated as the scavenger hunt progresses, and have the final location be a place where you can hide and then pop out and get down on one knee.
- Most movie theaters have repeating advertising slides before the previews that can be purchased. Write her name up in lights, and be sure to get to the theater early enough.
- If your intended flies often, get friends and family to join you at the airport, where they’ll each hold up signs spelling out “Will you marry me?” as your sweetheart disembarks from the plane. Make sure you’re the one holding the “Me” sign!
- Buy fortune cookies and remove the fortunes from them with a pair of tweezers. Replace the fortunes with notes asking her to marry you. You can set it up with a Chinese restaurant to bring them to you after a nice romantic dinner or have them delivered with your take out.
- Put an ad in the newspaper. This is incredibly easy to do and very inexpensive. You can place a classified ad, such as ‘Seeking single female named such-and-such to spend her life with me.’ Or, you could up the ante and place a larger graphical ad with a picture of the two of you and your proposal. Oh and make sure she reads the newspaper!
- Write ‘Will you marry me?’ in luminaries on a hilly road that you can drive up and see.
- Set a reminder to pop up in her Outlook and have it be a proposal (or a wedding date suggestion!). Make sure to have the reminder pop up while you’re around. If it’s at work, have the reminder come up around lunch and be there waiting to give the ring and celebrate with a romantic lunch.
A note to the gentlemen out there….
At the end of the day, the special moment should have her in mind. What would she appreciate? Who would she like to be around when it happens? Would she want to be wined and dined or for it to happen on a walk in a park or at a baseball game? Or at home in your kitchen or living room? Keep in mind her wants, desires, any hints she may have given you along your dating journey and I am sure you will give her a memorable moment in time that she will tell everyone about with a glimmer in her eye.
Stay tuned for an upcoming blog about the big rock!
Check out some pretty interesting proposal stories, pictures and videos here…