What woman doesn’t want sexy legs? Since I love to workout my legs … today was Leg Day for Me!
I try to focus on them at least 3 to 4 times a week at the gym. I know we all want stronger, longer, leaner thighs and there are such easy steps to get them, even in the comfort of your own home! Here are my Top 5 Leg & Thigh Exercises. I did some research to get you all the proper techniques on how to do them, so here they are:
The Flamingo Balance:
- Holding a dumbbell in your right hand, stand with your left hand on your hip.
- Lean forward slightly, lifting your left foot behind you to about hip height. At the same, bring your right arm forward.
- Turn your palm to face the ceiling and do a biceps curl.
- Touch your toes back down briefly, then repeat for 12 reps. Be sure to keep your left leg straight while bending your right knee.
- Switch sides: Stand with your left foot forward. Hold the dumbbell in your left hand, and hinge forward, raising your right leg up behind you to hip height.
- Simultaneously, raise your left arm forward, turn your palm to the ceiling, and do a biceps curl.
- Touch your toes back down briefly, and repeat for 12 reps.
The Single-Leg Circle:
- Lie back on the mat with your arms by your sides and your palms facing down.
- Begin by pointing with your left foot, as if reaching out with your toes toward the ceiling, and rotate your leg slightly outward.
- Inhale, and trace a circle on the ceiling with your left leg, moving your whole leg, but keeping your hips still. Don’t lift your left hip off the floor.
- Trace the circle on the ceiling 5 times in a clockwise direction. Repeat in a counter-clockwise direction.
- Switch legs and repeat 5 times.
Lunges with Dumbbells:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, holding a 5- or 8-pound dumbbell in each hand.
- Lunge forward with your left leg, then straighten your leg. When you lunge, your right knee should come to about an inch above the ground without touching it.
- Keep your torso perpendicular to the floor, with your weight evenly distributed between your legs. Align your front knee over your front ankle, keeping the weight in your heels instead of on your toes.
- Continue these lunges for 30 seconds before switching sides and doing another 30 seconds on the other leg.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing out.
- Bring your arms out straight in front of you and lower into a squat.
- Come back up and repeat. Go as low into the squat as you can without letting your knees move past your toes.
- Be sure to tuck your tailbone under and contract your glutes. Keep your torso tall, and don’t let your knees creep past your toes.
- Do for 1 minute. (After about 40 seconds, pulse at the bottom of the squat for 20 seconds.)
Outer & Inner Thigh Kick:
- Stand holding the back of a chair. Press your shoulder blades back and down.
- Come up onto the ball of your left foot, and lift your right leg.
- Keeping your abs pulled in, bring your right leg across your body, in front of your left.
- Now, swing it back out to the right, keeping your toes flexed and your toes turned out. Use momentum to swing through your leg as you fire through your left glutes.
- Do 10 reps. Be sure to keep both hips facing forward.
- Come onto the right leg and repeat for 10 more reps, again making sure your hips are facing forward.
- Flex your foot as you use momentum to swing your left leg and fire through your right glutes.
- Take a breather, then do a second set.
*****Please be sure to consult with your physician before you start an exercise program especially if you have any health concerns.*****
All of these workout instructions were found on Fitness Magazine com Website. They have such amazing tips and techniques to keep your workout routine fun & effective!
For more workout tips visit our Source – http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/thighs/exercises/top-thigh-exercises/?page=1