Today’s Vendor Spotlight takes an inside look at Digna Toledo, a stylish wedding and family photographer based in New Jersey.
Digna Toledo’s Bio
I dream in shades of blue. I relish a sandy beach and splashing waves.
I shoot like I live: fast, purposeful and with vision.
My obsession with lights comes from its source (John 8:12).
My name means worthy and I rest that Christ has made me so.
I live with two kids on my hips, an exceptional husband by my side and a camera strapped to my back.
I am Digna.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
1. Please tell us about your business and how you got started?
My fascination with photography began as most love stories do: a glimmer of interest, given time and effort, developed into a passionate pursuit. It started in February 2004 with the gift of a point-and-shoot from my now-husband. Then, in 2007, armed with a newer and better camera, I decided to stop poking my camera around like a bnovice and take classes at PhotoManhattan in New York City. My photography took off from there and has since evolved into a full-fledged venture, images intricately captured these days with a Canon 7D & Canon 5D Mark III. My breadth of experience is varied. From intimate engagement shoots to family portrait blowouts to an off-the-wall “trash the dress” wedding shoot. I do my best to combine my artistic vision as a photographer with my client’s desires. Best of all, I try to preserve my client’s memories and moments and that they are guaranteed to love the results.
2. How did you come up with your company name?
I want it something personal and unique. I have a very rare name – so it totally worked out for me.
3. What’s your favorite part about the services you provide?
Providing a unique experience to all my clients and having fun at the same time.
4. What are some trends you’re seeing this year?
Vintage Style has been huge this year and it so happens that I love Vintage!
5. What’s the most eccentric or strange request you have ever received from a client?
So far I haven’t received any eccentric or strange request from any of my clients.
6. Complete this sentence: I’m obsessed with ____________ because _____________.
I am obsessed with Photography because is my Passion!
7. When you aren’t doing what you are most passionate about, what are you doing?
Taking care of my two beautiful children.
8. If you could give only one piece of advice to a bride/groom, what would that be?
Let the day flow and enjoy the moment because it goes really fast.
9. What is a random, interesting fact about you or your business?
I am working on submitting some of my work to a magazine and to an online blog. I’m hoping to get featured. Right now my work is been featured at Petit Paris – 10 Church Street, Montclair, NJ 07042 – (973) 746-0288
Name: Digna Toledo
Phone: (973) 715-5633
Follow Me: https://twitter.com/Dtphotography81