There is so much happening in social media today, it’s almost overwhelming! This is especially important in the event industry, where people have always been social by nature, whether that be with vendors, negotiating business deals or during the execution of the event. It has been an innate part of what we do as planners. However the channels through which these conversations are taking place are quickly evolving and those who want to stay prominent in this and any industry must learn how to evolve with them. Here are five of the many benefits of using social media:
1. Networking, Networking, Networking! Social media is one of the best ways to expand your business and increase your client base. It has become much easier to obtain new clients thanks to social media and the web.
2. Educational Content – Planners must stay current and social media gives planners a window for continuous growth. By joining various groups on Facebook, for instance, event planners can stay up to date with the current trends in the market.
3. Reputation Analysis – Social media gives you the ability to see what others are saying about you. This allows you to work on your areas of growth and continue strengthening what you are already great at.
4. Credibility – what better way of showing your capabilities and have others share their experience with your brand. This will in turn ensure that future clients will more easily have faith in your work….before even becoming a client!
5. Conversation Starter – clients now want to have conversations, they want to relate to those they are potentially going to work with and social media opens the window of opportunity for this to occur.
Get started today by choosing any of the following social media sites to look for potential vendors / clients:
- Instagram / Vine
What social media sites are you a member of and why?