We have noticed that a good number of brides want to lose weight or tone up before their wedding day. If you are one of those Brides, and you’re not sure where to start, you are at the right place!! We’ve got a lot of interactive weight loss tools & wedding diet tips to help you stay on track. If your goal is getting in shape for your wedding, there are 5 important things you should consider incorporating into your daily routine starting NOW!
1. DRINK UP: I’m not referring to happy hour, I mean water and LOTS of it. Here are 6 Reason why you should drink water. Source: www.webmd.com
i. Drinking Water Helps Maintain the Balance of Body Fluids. Your body is composed of about 60% water. The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature.
ii. Water Can Help Control Calories. For years, dieters have been drinking lots of water as a weight loss strategy. While water doesn’t have any magical effect on weight loss, substituting it for higher calorie beverages can certainly help.
iii. Water Helps Energize Muscles. Cells that don’t maintain their balance of fluids and electrolytes shrivel, which can result in muscle fatigue. “When muscle cells don’t have adequate fluids, they don’t work as well and performance can suffer,” says Guest.
iv. Water Helps Keep Skin Looking Good. Your skin contains plenty of water, and functions as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. But don’t expect over-hydration to erase wrinkles or fine lines, says Atlanta dermatologist Kenneth Ellner, MD.
v. Water Helps Your Kidneys. Body fluids transport waste products in and out of cells. The main toxin in the body is blood urea nitrogen, a water-soluble waste that is able to pass through the kidneys to be excreted in the urine, explains Guest. “Your kidneys do an amazing job of cleansing and ridding your body of toxins as long as your intake of fluids is adequate,” he says.
vi. Water Helps Maintain Normal Bowel Function. Adequate hydration keeps things flowing along your gastrointestinal tract and prevents constipation. When you don’t get enough fluid, the colon pulls water from stools to maintain hydration — and the result is constipation.
2. EAT SMALLER MEALS: There is no reason to starve yourself! You definitely don’t have to go hungry, but when you eat a few meals throughout the day you find yourself eating less and still fulfilled.
3. EAT YOUR FRUITS & VEGGIES: Create a daily log and keep track of your snacks, the more healthy snacks you eat, the less you’ll crave more unhealthy options. Always have your veggies & fruits pre-cut and ready in little zip lock bags for your convenience.
4. CUT BACK ON THE HAPPY HOUR: The empty calories in wine, beer and other liquors can cost you 150 calories per drink or more.
5. EXERCISE: Find a plan that works with your lifestyle and stick to it. There is no need to become stir crazy about going to the gym. Start walking more, do some gardening, go out dancing (just don’t have any drinks)
Workout of the day: Every Bride wants sexy lean arms on their wedding day:
Tricep dip: THESE ARE MY FAVORITE!
- While sitting on a chair, grip the edge of the seat with your hands and stretch your legs out in front of you.
- Move your body forward so that your feet are flat, your arms are bent behind you holding you up and your body is extended above the ground.
- Slowly raise and lower your body using your triceps.
- Do three sets of 15.
The great part is that you can do these anywhere…even on your office chair!!
Stay tuned for more work-out tips next Wednesday!!
Favors & More is Excited to announce that we give 2 complimentary bridal bootcamp sessions for our brides to be used before her wedding day. ;o) Contact us for more info!!